Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We are BACK...baby acne....Lactose Free Formula..and now we are six weeks old!




We have been MIA for multiple reasons. One of which was our sweet baby had the craziest case of baby acne that I have ever seen. His entire head, face and neck were covered in little red bumps. We took him to the pediatrician and she said "That's totally normal." What? That was my baffled reply. I never remember my friend's precious little ones with this teenage nemesis. She reassured us it would get better, and it has over the past few weeks. His perfect complexion at birth is a thing of the past, but he is slowly outgrowing his baby acne. Of course, we love him no matter what and just nicknamed him our little speckled frog. Next, we have been dealing with vomiting when Cooper eats. I don't mean spit up. I mean projectile vomiting that comes from his mouth and nose. And usually with no warning so you can rest assured you will be covered in it. So what did I do? I took him to the pediatrician. We were told that was normal. What? That was my baffled reply. She said babies do that and don't worry. Well, after 6 weeks of watching our son vomit every day, Josh and I took it upon ourselves to change his formula to Lactose Free. WOW!!! What a difference. He hasn't spit up one time and is sleeping in 4 hours intervals. Everyone is much happier around here. My heart was breaking to watch him suffer and not know how to help him. He is 6 weeks old now and is really responding to us and smiling. He always gives me the most priceless one in the middle of the night when no one else is watching or witnessing. Those are just our special mommy and son moments that I will always remember. Motherhood is the most amazing job/responsibility that I have ever had, and I look forward to being employed for the next 18 years. Who are we kidding? He will always be my little boy until the day I die.

2 comments:

maribeth said...

amy i can hear your "what?"s with each of those replies. too funny! miller had baby acne too and it made me so sad, but alas, he did out grow it. i do remember josh making many of his photos black and white to help hide it, but now i hardly remember that he had it. cooper is precious-red bumps & all!

Southern Mama said...

I love those middle of the night special times. Savor each second. They are my most precious memories!